Tallula Moon Designs

Monday, June 2

A little more clarification...

Melanie asked -

Hey there - question - I do Digi-Scrap 4 Hire for a living - and all my stuff is digital (flattened images) and produced in videos burned to DVD that play in DVD players. You specified that your items can only be used in stuff that is printed out and assembled by hand - and I don't do paper. So, I need to know on that - because I need to take you out of my Scrap 4 Hire folder if I can only use your stuff for layouts that are printed... Sorry - wanted to clarify - first time I've come across a designer who says they are Scrap 4 hire friendly but designated it had to be printed out.

Go ahead, Melanie, and use my kits for your DVD's. Again, this is such a strange area and the internet has definitely opened a can of worms where "copyright" is concerned and we designers are just trying to protect our work.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks! I always credit designers in a credit sheet with name and blog and at least one store front.

I got a TOU this past weekend that was so different it blew my mind; but I've learned to ask designers for clarification - and in this case, this designer knew what she wanted to say in her head but didn't take into consideration how it might come out on the receiving end in someone who doesn't have the context of the originating designer's thought process! And she changed the TOU.

So thanks for the clarification! I had put your file in my pending clarification file - so I will move it back to my S4H section.

Thank you!