Tallula Moon Designs

Saturday, July 19

Welcome, welcome to day 7

I really hope I make it to day 11.

Yeah, I know, day 6 is missing. I have a great reason....even though it's irritating beyond belief.

So yesterday was my daughters 17th birthday. Like a twit, I made an appointment for a perm at 9:00 a.m. It seemed like a GREAT idea at the time, which was a month ago. I figured 9 in the morning, PLENTY of time! Yeah, NOT! I got there at 8:45, we started right at 9 and it took her until 11:30 to roll my hair. I had WELL OVER 100 rods in my hair, which is almost to my waist. WOW, I really thought it would never end. So at 11:30, she gets the solution on and I sit for 20 and then we continue to go through all the motions, etc. I didn't leave there until almost 2 pm. It's 45 minutes in good traffic to get back to my house, but TOTALLY worth it. So I get going, call Chuck and he says he's picking up ice cream and already picked up Kylies pink iPod. THANK YOU! I was really sweating that. What a guy!!! So I get home and Kylie is at the movies seeing "Dark Knight" (which she came home and said was WAY to much blood and violence for my 6 year old nephew ....good to know). We decided that while she was gone, we would pick up her truck and park it down the street. She wouldn't think a thing about it and it would save us some time. So everyone starts to get there, we have dinner, she opens presents and I went outside to make sure I had a good spot for pictures. My nephew runs to the door, rings the doorbell and runs off. (wonder if I just taught him something new and fun to do) My mom walks my daughter out the door and Kylie is TOTALLY confused and has no clue what's going on. Well Chuck had moved the truck, opened the doors and turned on the stereo. She was TOTALLY blown away.

This grin has been planted on her face since last night. I can't believe her face isn't frozen that way....but now that I think about it...maybe it is.
But believe it or not...this is not why I'm late....

So I come up to the craft room last night, tired, but ready to get posted and up and ON TIME again. No internet. Hmmm. Ok. So I re-connect. No internet. This went on for quite a while before I was ready to scream and stomped out of the craft room and went to bed.

Got up this morning and the internet was connected (it's wireless) and I thought COOL, I'm in business now. Yep, all the way up until I touched the computer...then no internet. I think that the sound that came out was not unlike a growling sound. So I went downstairs to do coffee. It gets going and after 20 minutes with no "I'm done" beep, I check the coffee maker. Yeah, theres about 2 cups brewed, and steam galore. Hmmmm. Messed with the coffee pot....nothing. So I got a little bent out of shape and decided that I was going to boil water in the kettle, and pour it through the filter and coffee and fill the pot the rest of the way. In theory, it seems like this should work....but it really didn't. It took FOREVER and by the time I hit 8 cups, I plucked the pot out, poured everyone a cup, shoved it back in and stomped off....back upstairs to the internet. Started messing with it, and it would connect and immediately disconnect. Downstairs I go. Hit reset,back upstairs...I have internet.....uh, nope, not anymore....downstairs...reset....upstairs...internet....nope...not any more. CRAP! I finally called Chuck on his cell phone...downstairs and asked him to reset the internet. I was more than done with the up-down thing. He reset and I was on. I got a post done, was on about 8 minutes and then nothing. I admit it...I had a tantrum and I SCREAMED at the computer....and stomped out of the room. Went and took a shower and went over to my grandparents to hook up their internet. I guess this was just my day. Theirs went off very well, other than there are 9bajillion cords behind their computer desk. So I got gas, and came home, more determined to make this internet work. I'm not good with sending smoke signals so the internet MUST work for me. FINALLY, we figured out that the router in the panel downstairs has a loose connection. As long as no one touches it, we're in business. Hopefully I won't go to post this I be offline.....ya'll will be able to hear me scream no matter where you live.

One to the freebies. I'm posting day 6 and day 7 all at once, just to be safe.

DOWNLOADS EXPIRED

AND, as long as the connection holds out (keep your fingers crossed) I'm uploading this kit to digitals. I've also added the freebies from the Digitals chat, so if you didn't get them, they are in there. It will also still be on sale.

Everyone have a GREAT weekend, and go hug your modem!

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've had quite a frustrating day - hope tomorrow is better!

Thanks very much for two more gorgeous pages.

Melissa said...

Happy birthday to your daughter. She has a beautiful smile.

I'm sorry that you had such a frustrating time with it!! Try not to worry about having people wait on your uploads; we appreciate your kindess in sharing the wonderful pages with us.

Unknown said...

wow, Murphy's Law day, huh! The pages were well worth the wait, beautiful!!

CynR said...

Wow - what a day!!! Happy Birthday to your daughter! Thanks very much for the freebies!!

snowowl551 said...

was wondering what those sounds i was hearing was! LOL. Great surprise for you daughter!

Thanks for your gifts!

Stater said...

LOL you made my day. I'm so glad someone besides me has these kinds of problems!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the goodies & laugh.

Zanne

Aleah'sMommy said...

Sorry to hear you have had such a frustrating time with the internet. But I am glad to see your daughter in love with her bday present!! I would have the same grin if I got a truck for my bday lol.

Thank you so much for the beautiful pages. I hope things turn around for you soon. Internet problems stink major!! =)

Elaine said...

Thank you so much for your day 6 & 7! Good things are worth waiting for!! Sorry you had such a frustrating day. I do the excact same thing, when I have trouble with the internet!! LOL

Unknown said...

Thank you for the next 2 links. Your daughter is adorable :-)

K2 Designs said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter! She is really cute! Nice truck too. I bet she's going to have lots of fun with it!

Thank you for the 2 DL's too. Mega hugs.

Tabatha said...

Dang girl sounds like you've had a hell of a day! I hope your puter keeps going for ya.

She looks so happy. You'll have to post more when you can.

Missed you at the chat tonight.

Thanks for the pages.

Tabatha

MaryEllen said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter. Looks like she really loves her presant. so sorry you had such a rough time at the hairdressers how did your perm turn out after all that prep time?
As for the internet I feel your frustration I lost my conection last week for 2 days finally found out it was a firewall update that caused the problem. Thanks for the wonderfully fun pages. Im off to the store to see if the kit is up yet.

Jolene said...

Girl you had the day i seem to have alot too lol. I can soooooooooo totally relate! Hope things get better! Thanks for all the wonderful daily goodies for the Polar Express! Much hugs
Jolene

yixia said...

thank you very much!

TerriM said...

Thank you - aloha!!

Mom of 7 said...

I'm sorry you had such a hard time. I really appreciate these. Thank you and all your work and dedication.

Marsha Benoit Connell said...

OMG, Kelli! Talk about experiencing so many emotions in one day. Well, at least you will look beautiful ... lol. Glad everything turned out ok. (BTW, I have done MY share of screaming at my pc, too) Best of all, you have the memory of your daughter's birthday forever! tyvm for the freebies.

lorig said...

I hope your internet connection woes are over. Happy birthday to your daughter and than kyou for these wonderful pages.

Unknown said...

Oh, quite frustrating I am sure, but at least the most important thing wasn't.... Your daughter's birthday (Happy belated birthday, Kylie). She looks estatic in the truck (my kind of girl, lol. I have a truck too).

Thank you for both pages. Very sweet of you considering how your day went.

Lynn Hoyt said...

Hey Kellie, I've had days like that, don't ya just love wireless internet? LOL. Am loving your pages,
Hugs
Lynn

pattykay said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter~she looks sooo happy :)
ty very much for day 6 & 7.

Josie said...

Thanks for the the 2 day's of really cute pages! Sounds like the computer gremlins were at it again. Happy belated birthday to your daughter!

Barbara said...

We love you Kelly, so we knew it would be there eventually. I LOVE the smile on your daughters face. She looks like a friend of my dd's. Do you have a pic of the whole truck? would love to see it, and while your at it, the perm of your hair down to your butt, I want to see a pic of that too. lol Your gifts are terrific and well worth the wait. Thank you.

Michele said...

I'm sorry that you had a crazy day. I did hug my modem in hopes that it never does what your did. LOL.

Thanks for the great freebies....

Spellweaver said...

I'm sorry to hear about your internet troubles! I hope everything is better now!

Thank you for the 2 pages!

Sharon Kay said...

WOW how frustrating!!! I'm glad you figured out what the problem was! TYVM for these pages!

Dixie said...

Murphy's Law is such a pain! I know we all have our turns :) Thanks for the pages!